Volunteers are the heart of Elder-Aid. Through volunteers, Elder-Aid addresses three major needs that the elderly often encounter: loneliness, housing, and transportation for medical appointments. Elder-aid is involved in many projects throughout the year. Almost 100% of these require volunteers. The opportunities are categorized into six groups:
- Home Repairs
- Yard Work
- Home Visits
- Light Housekeeping
- Office Work
Individuals and organizations can select a special project, an on-going project, or a project of their own. Descriptions and current projects are listed below.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Transportation: Volunteers help out by transporting clients to doctor appointments, dental appointments, or grocery shopping.
- Home Repairs: Volunteers participate in a wide range of repairs. We typically receive calls about broken cabinets and doors, painting, bathroom repairs, floors, roofs and wheelchair ramp construction. A handyman would be perfect for these various duties.
- Yard Work: This can include anything from raking leaves, tending to a garden, cleaning flower beds, mowing or removing limbs and debris from a yard, tree removal, etc.
- Home Visits: Our elderly tenants or clients regularly crave a companion to visit with them for a short time.
- Light Housekeeping: Volunteers dust, vacuum, clean cabinets, mop, and assist in other household chores that elderly clients may not be able to do themselves.
- Office Work: Office tasks such as case management, event planning, fundraising, editing newsletters, designing public relation materials, or human resource tasks. Website creator/ editor, Newsletter creator/editor, Public Relations Specialist, Grant Writing possibilities, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering, email or call us. To get a head start, you may download the following form and fill it out to describe your situation and your volunteering goals. Fax it to us, or drop it off our office.
Have a quick question? Just type your message below:
Get instant help for website by WordPress Support