Elder-Aid's mission is to ensure that the elderly in the Brazos Valley remain independent and in the community for as long as possible.
We accomplish this through a variety of "hands on" help for the elderly, which may include:
- Home repairs
- Emergency financial assistance
- Referrals to other assistance programs (utility assistance, food stamps, health for all, etc.) as appropriate
- Medical transportation
- Phone Buddy system
- Assistance with housekeeping
- Yard Work
- Building new, affordable, energy efficient, homes specifically designed for the elderly and renting them at reduced cost
Donations, Grants, and Rental Income
Elder-Aid is self-funded. We use donations and rental income to finance our programs.
- We purchase land, recruit volunteers, and seek donations to construct modern, energy efficient homes.
- We rent to elderly individuals or couples who might otherwise be homeless.
- Elder-Aid helps in crisis situations. Through partnerships with various organizations, Elder-Aid strives to provide financial assistance for unpaid bills, seeks volunteers to help patch leaky roofs, and provides ramps for better mobility for the elderly.
If you would like to donate to help the elderly citizens of Bryan/College Station, please go to this page.
Elder-Aid was founded in 1990 by Sara Loeppert. Our mission is to minimize stresses the elderly encounter as they cope with:
- Loss of loved ones
- Inadequate funds for basic needs